As we write this, Hurricane Florence is a category 3 hurricane headed for the coastline of the Carolinas. We anticipate that many communities will experience major flooding, power loss, and damage. We are praying for limited loss of life and that the hurricane will rapidly weaken, contrary to all reports.You and/or your church may want to help those in our Anglican family who are facing the potential for significant loss due to Florence. You can help by giving directly to the Anglican Relief and Development Fund who will distribute it to dioceses affected by the storm. They, in turn, will prioritize the needs of their communities and distribute donations to those who need it the most. All of this can happen quickly with your help!You can donate to ARDF by mailing a check (labeled Hurricane Florence) to:The Anglican Relief and Development FundP.O. Box 645354Pittsburgh, PA 15264-5354
RSVP now to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
Pay at the door check or cash.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!! email@example.com Only $15.00
Thank you Bishop Iker for providing the special funds needed to fly in this very special internationally known Christian speaker.
(click on her name for promo video)
(She will also be speaking in Spanish at Iglesia San Miguel Friday evening, August 24th and Sunday morning, August 26th)
Ladies, you will want to come.
Also speaking will be Anglican Missionaries to Japan, Ralph and Miho Clatworthy on furlough before they return to help organize the prayer team for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Village.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV
We sing praises, give thanks, and celebrate with joy ~
- The Presence of You, Father God, in all of the farthest reaches of the world
- For partnerships that will expand ARDF’s reach
- For the Advocates who promote ARDF’s projects
- For our Proven Partners monthly support
- For our new Development Associate-Kelli
- For the outpouring of gifts for Hurricane victims
We lift to the Lord our Brothers and Sisters around the world ~
- For Ethiopia: Changes in leadership for the Anglican Church of Ethiopia. Translation of the Bible in T’Apo (language of the Opo people) at the Gambella Anglican Center. For Bishop Grant and Mama Wendy as they promote and raise funds for the work in Gambella.
- For Egypt: Persecution of Christians is always a threat. Archbishop Mouneer’s search for a new bishop for the Horn of Africa.
- For the Middle East: Peace, healing and restoration to the lands in the area
- For Nepal: Persecution of Christians is increasing. Protection and strength for the people. Development work would bear fruit. Three Nepali congregations were granted parish status in the Anglican Church of Nepal under the Diocese of Singapore!
- For Pakistan: Insecurity among the Christian population-peace and stability. Solidarity among the denominations for a durable peace because of the constant threat of attacks.
- For South Sudan: Famine requests and recovery are ongoing
- For Uganda: That requests of the Church will bear fruit and action
- For the United States and Puerto Rico: That recovery and relief efforts would be fruitful and many people would be helped. Strength and peace for those on the ground helping with all the recovery and that the Gospel will be presented.
On behalf of prayer needs expressed by ARDF donors and friends ~
- For Dana and Sarah as they grieve the loss of wife and mother
- For Jesse-that his children would know Jesus as Lord and Savior
- For Denise-treatments would continue to strengthen her
- For Jenn, Link, Sienna and Soliel as they grieve the loss of their daughter and sister
- For Mama Wendy-Recovery from extensive damage in her lungs leading to heat failure plus 5 spinal bone fractures. Restore her health-strength and peace.
- For Joel-decisions about his school choice and provision-peace and strength for his family
With humbleness, we ask your prayers for ARDF ~
- That donor’s hearts may be turned to the work of ARDF
- Safe travels for the February ARDF-US Trustees meeting in California
- Committees formed among the ARDF-US Trustees that they would bear fruit
- That resources will be provided to meet the needs of our Global work in 2017-2018. Projects are in Argentina, Brazil, Burundi, Cameroon, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Malaysia, Pakistan, Paraguay, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
Grant these our prayers, O Father, for Jesus Christ’s sake, our only Mediator and Advocate. Amen.
Seeking Serenity:Becoming Instruments of Peace
The Diocesan Women will hold their annual Fall Congress at St. Alban’s (911 South Davis) in Arlington on SEPTEMBER 16 from 10 am- 2:00 pm
REGISTRATION 9:30-10:00 AM.
with Keynote Speaker Sue Heimer with Focus on the Family and Proverbs 31 Ministries.
raffle baskets to raise funds for La Gran Familia children’s educational needs
ARDF ingathering for Hurricane Harvey relief
PLUS a take home spa gift for each participant.
**CLICK HERE FOR PROMO VIDEO**